Monday, February 2, 2009

Kahari Dec. 2008


We had such a wonderful time at the Kalahari after Christmas. We went with my parents and two sisters and shared a two-room suite. Will was slightly sick, but we decided to go and try it out to see how he would do. If he was tense, we could go home, but since we already paid for it, we wanted to go. The first day at the water park, Will fell asleep on the lazy river. It was so cute...his little face kept bobbing in the water and it took everything to keep it out and block his little innertube from wild teenagers horse playing. I guess that is what you get if you go over winter break! We went once while school was in session and there was really no one there. This time the place was packed! We still had a super fun time especially since Jordan and I got to go on some rides!


These pics are kind of out of order. Here is my mom and Laura at dinner the last night. These are all right before Will vomited all over the hallway! SOOOOO embarrassing!

Our happy family enjoying a wonderful time visiting with my family before the big event. We have no idea what is in store for us-well, mainly me and my mom!

Will LOVES drinking water from the straw! He looks like a little birdie! He couldn't get enough!

Laura, Mom and Dad. Katie was sleeping in the room and missed the fun. And by fun, I mean vomit! Right after these pics, Will was fussing so my mom and I took him out in the hallway. He ran up and down it several times, had a coughing attack and then projectile-vomited all over the wall and fall three times. Since it was 8 at night, we rushed him up to the room, threw him in the tub to clean up, and went to bed. We didn't even get to eat dinner with my family! We left the next morning.

Bathing beauties: Laura and Katie

Will walking up the stairs to go down slides. He had more fun this time at the Kalahari! He took more risks walking around in the water and going down the slides!

Click the picture for enlargement! Look at his face!!! I also close my eyes and hold my breath when I am scared!

These little water spouts are Will's favorites. He loves to put his hands near them!

Will walking up the stairs to go on this little slide. Watch the video from it above this post!

I LOVE THIS FACE!!! Click it to enlarge it!
Will going down his first slide!
YEAH!

My Sweet Boy with Daddy in the water!

We loved spending time with my family here. We all had so much fun together, especially with Will. One of my favorite things that happened was when my sisters and I talked my mom into going on a water slide with us. They doubled up and my mom and I doubled up. They went down first, and then we went down second. The covered slide was a nice winedy one with hardly any drops but the end had a little waterfall before you shot out. My mom doesn't like to get her ears wet, so towards the end, I told her about the waterfall and covered her ears for her. She was freaking out about it and didn't pay much attention to hanging on to the raft. When we hit the pool at the bottom, she went torpedo-ing off of the raft and went underwater any way!! We all laughed so hard, I think we all peed! She must have loved the thrill, because we went again after!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pic of Will going down the yellow slide is priceless.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Will's little scared faces-- so precious! And my favorite memory was definitely mom's expression after she went down that yellow slide. Haha! :)

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We love the Kalahari! Wills face is so funny.