Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me!




This year was my first Mother's Day. We did slightly celebrate it last year since I was doing a wonderful job mothering my womb, but this year, it had a whole new meaning for me. Will picked out the perfect card. Jordan and I always find adorable rhyming cards for each other, normally with bears on them, that tell a little story. Will followed in suit.
My card read: "Mom, You're the Greatest...Boo-Boo Kisser, Burp Dismisser, Cookie Baker, Memory Maker, Trouble Spyer, Hug Supplier, Health Inspector, Lie Detector, Wish Fulfiller, Pride Instiller, Effort Praiser, Spirits Raiser, Awesome Mother....like No Other!" Of course, there were little pictures of each attribute. It was so cute that Will found the card all by himself!
I love being a mom. It is really the greatest blessing that I have ever received. I have the cutest and sweetest baby boy, and a wonderful husband who is very supportive and patient. I am so lucky.
I also have two wonderful examples of motherhood a mile away. My mother and mother-in-law are two of the sweetest women I have ever met. Both adore their children and are great selfless moms. Will is so lucky to have them in his life, too.
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day, too. Whether you have your own children, or are a mothering, nuturing woman in someone's life, we are so blessed to be women!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: