Thursday, October 8, 2009

My little Picasso! Or should I say Van Gogh during the blue period?

While looking at my calendar in the kitchen and chatting on the phone with my mother about certain days she would watch Will for us, I looked over to see my little guy covered in something dark with little blue "chalk" footprints behind him. I thought to myself, "What the heck?!? We don't have chalk...wait...it's paint...our paint is in the basement....we don't even have blue paint......................OH NO!! He found my newly purchased tube of blue craft paint!!!!" I immediately hung up on my mama, and swooped Will up, and followed the little bunny trail he so kindly left for me. It traced from our living where he came to get me, down the hallway, around the corner to the office and up to the window.

There were about 75 little marks like this on our carpet since he spilled the paint on his socks and walked through the house. Most were bigger, but I tried to get several in the same shot.

This is what I found in the office, plus the majority of the paint was dumped on the wood shelf above the radiator under the window. That is Will's favorite spot in the house. He sits there to watch the people and cars go by. He loves to open and close the windows while standing on it. He loves to take his favorite toys there to play. And now, he loves to unscrew sealed up paint caps there. He clearly opened it, and started to poor it out on the shelf. The paint was dripping down the wall. As soon as I had back up, I cleaned the shelf and didn't take this picture until after. I was too late anyway since there is still a fair amount of paint set in the wood shelf that won't come out :( The most saturated spot on the carpet was on the left. It had to be at least half the bottle right there. Oh, and did I mention Jordan is in Houston?!?

*Edited picture to keep the PG 13 rating! Gotta love Picasa's retouch feature!
Caught "blue" handed!
He had WAY more paint on his clothes, which didn't come out by the way. The underneath of his hands were completely blue. That meant everything he touched (me, the bathtub, toys, doorknobs from the office to the kitchen, soap dispenser, and sink) turned blue and required massive scrubbing. Keep in mind this is not a washable paint and mostly had to dry to be scraped away and then cleaned up.
Luckily for me, both Grandmas rushed right over to help! My mom tubbied Will while Pam and I started treating the carpet, and cleaning the wood and walls. Then my mom special treated the wood with some "restore" solution and it looked pretty nice after that, minus the remaining blue, of course! Three hours and a pruned little boy from a VERY long tubby later, we mostly removed the painted bunny trail, scheduled a professional to come finish the job and tackle the worst spot, and mostly cleaned the wood and walls.

This is the best it is going to get! Syl's carpet cleaning came and tried everything they had. Two hours later, this was the result.

There is still blue paint. We are going to remove the heating vent when Jordan comes home and see if we can do anything more, but doubtful! Some of my carpet fibers came out due to the forth chemical, which is the toughest on the carpet and they prefer to never really use it, and it even turned the carpet slightly white. They said if I tried Oxy Clean or Resolve, it'll just whiten more and probably pull out more fibers. :(
Thanks Grammy Pammy, Grandma and Grandpa Mazur for all your help!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

It turned out better than I expected. I like the Caught "Blue" Handed phrase :)

Glad I wasn't there for this... muahahahaha!!! ;-)

Uncle Kevin said...

Mr. Will is too funny! Glad to see that most everything cleaned up well.

LAR said...

Oh Leann... welcome to my world!

Frinzi said...

oh wow. Too funny!!! What a sassy boy! Glad you git it all cleaned up :)