Friday, September 25, 2009

Nieman's Apple Orchard

I just love fall! We went to Nieman's Apple Orchard in Cedarburg this past week with the Mom's Club. I was a little bit nervous to go since I didn't know what Will would do. Would he actually be interested in the apples or would he run up and down the aisles and I would not get to pick any apples? We decided to take the risk.
To my surprise, he loved it! He stayed near me for the most part, walking around up and down the aisle and around a few trees, but he always came back!
The hardest part was making sure he wasn't eating the apples that were already on the ground! It was really cute to see the other kids all eating apples at the same time. Half the fun of picking your own is eating them while you pick! We went with four other moms and five other kids. They all did great staying close and participating!
Will really liked the ladder. He learned how to grab and pull apples off the tree. It then immediately went into his mouth!
Yum Yum! His jacket was all full of juice dripping from the apples.

Notice all the little bite marks? He doesn't actually like to eat the red part. He takes bites and spits out the red skin until he eats solid white apple.

My favorite picture of the day. And no, it did not come from the ground :)
Now to make some yummy apple crisp!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary Mazur said...

What a handsome little man! Looks like you guys had a great time! Wish we were closer, so I could try the apple crisp!!!

Kevin J. Mazur said...

Will squatting by the Courtland sign is my favorite! It reminds me of his cousin Lucy =)

Auntie Laura said...

What cute pictures! :) I REALLY like the second picture from the top, too. You should blow that up for your scrapbook :)

I'm sad we didn't get to see him Friday :( I'm coming home next weekend! We should have a sister date :)