Monday, August 3, 2009

Will's 2nd Birthday

Saturday, August 1 was Will's second birthday. We invited mostly family to celebrate with us and Will. Here are some of the people who came:
Grandpa Mazur and Stella. I love this picture of them!
Gpa Monk and Nancy looking through Will's scrapbooks!
"Auntie Lu and Uncle Goo"
Thanks for all of your help Auntie Laura and Danny! We really appreciate all you do for us and all the time you spend with your nephew. It really shows by how much he loves you and loves playing with you!
My Grandma Sommerfelt. She just turned 84 a few days after Will's birthday!
My bf Kristie! I am soooo glad she just happened to be in WI for Will's special day! I miss you so much, Auntie Kristie! ;)
My cousin Amanda and her family. They just moved to West Bend a few months ago!


Lunch buffet: We had build your own subs, hashbrown pots, veggies and dill dip, spinach poppyseed salad, pickles, the best salsa, fruit and jello.


Will eating lunch.

Elmo cupcakes! I love our new cupcake pyramid!
Marie Matthies: so adorable!

We remembered to get a family shot AFTER he already went into the Slip and Slide! He was soaking wet. I made his tee shirt. On the back has his name and a big number two.
After eating lunch, the kids went outside to swim and go on the slip and slide (more on that later!). After being completely soaked, we came in the house to open presents and then have cake. And yes, we did have to strap Will down to open presents. Those who really know Will are smiling right now! :)
Opening gifts with his juice! Gotta have the fluid!
I can't believe my baby is already 2!!! What a big boy!
This was the Elmo cake I made. The cake part was a strawberry jello cake and the frosting was cool whip. I am not a sugary frosting fan, so cool whip is an easy frosting. However, this year, it was awful! The frosting stained everything...my hands, the counters, etc. It also tasted bad from the food coloring. It did not taste bad last year, but I will try to find something better for next year! Any good "tried and true" recipes out there?
Here is Will looking slightly mortified as we sang "Happy Birthday."
Will decided to attack the cake as the candles were still on it. He ended up very red and black, but didn't even eat a bite of cake. That doesn't surprise me; he hasn't eaten cake in a measureable quanity since his first birthday! My mom let him out of the high chair looking like this, too. tsk tsk tsk.Kristie started to laugh at my teeth being discolored, but low and behold, hers were also black. She went above and beyond rubbing it in, though!
We actually had to brush our teeth for several minutes to get it off. It was still on the tongues, though! Lesson learned!
We finished off the party with "pin the nose on Elmo."
Happy 2nd Birthday Will! We love you!
Thanks to all those who came/called to help Will have a special day :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hendriksen Happenings said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe he's 2!!! I remember when you were pregnant and had him and then when I came back to West Bend he was like 6 months old!! I can't believe how much he looks like Jordan! Wow!! He's soooo cute and what a fun b-day party he had!! You guys are such great parents! :)

auntie laura said...

When I was looking through the pictures I saw the one of you and "Kristie" and then laughed thinking you wouldn't put the one up of your teeth! I'm glad you did, haha!

Glad the day went pretty well :) I'm excited to see him on the slip and slide again!

Amanda Fellows said...

Leann - the party was wonderful!!! Thank you for inviting us! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL!!!

Mike and Jenny said...

the cake looks great and the stained mouths make for some good memories. i can't believe he's already two.

LAR said...

Happy Birthday Will!