Monday, July 14, 2008

Home from the Reunion...



We had a wonderful time at the Monk Family Reunion. We were at Topsail Island right on the beach! There were about fifty people in Jordan's family that came! We were able to share a condo with Jordan's immediate family and it was so nice to spend all the time with his parents, sister's and brother's families. We loved being on the beach, but Will did not like it as much as we did. He loved walking (yes...WALKING!) on the beach and having his feet squish through the sand and a little bit in the water. When we tried to take him further in the ocean with us, he wailed!! A few more year perhaps! We took advantage of Will's nap time to hit the waves. Jordan attempted to surf board, but I think he is just going to stick to boogie boarding for now on. In my spare time, I had to prepare for a talk that I gave in church the day after we got home. It was so nice to interview a lot of the family to get their perspectives on "why the family unit is important to Heavenly Father."
The best part about the vacation was being able to see Jordan for a whole week. He just got back from spending two weeks in Houston, TX. We also LOVED to see the whole family since we haven't been to a reunion since 2002.
The worst part was Will getting sick. For the second time (out of two times!) we had to go the Doctor immediately on the way home from the airport. Will had an ear infection again, and sinus congestion/leaking nose. He is still recuperating. He does not do well on amoxicillins! He gets very crampy and has major potty trouble (well I guess I should say poppy trouble). We are looking forward to him getting better. We are going to try Tylenol with codine again tonight! I hope to get more sleep and so does my wonderful husband who has been letting me sleep when while he is up with Will at 5:30 am taking him for a walk!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. The family pics are great! I cant believe Will is walking, seems like yesterday he was born. How fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had fun :) You definitely needed a family vacation! Glad you're back, though!