Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Found the Ring!!!

Today is such a WONDERFUL day!! It is my first day not teaching, probably until Will/future children go to school full time. We are also having wonderful weather and are doing a lot of stuff to prepare our house to go on the market. Jordan wanted to patch a crack we have on our vaulted ceiling, so he asked me to help move our couch in order to put a ladder behind it. I jokingly mentioned to be on the look out for my ring since the couch was one of the places I could have lost my ring. He first moved his half, and then I struggled to move my half. As my half moved, slowly I could see a golden sparkly ring on the floor!!! It was almost like Charlie Buckett slowly finding the golden ticket in his Wonka bar!! We both were SHOCKED that we found it!!
I have been missing it since October 20, 2007; almost 8 months. When I lost it, I know I had it in my back right pocket from changing Will's diaper. We looked everywhere for it, including under that very couch multiple times! My poor husband and brother even went through all of Will's dirty diapers from the Diaper Genie II! It must have eventually wiggled its way out from the couch. I am SOOOOO THRILLED! It is more beautiful than I remembered! INSURE YOUR RINGS!! We will never make that mistake again!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am sooo happy for you!! I lost a ring Carl gave me once and know how sick I felt. I cannot imagine how sick you must have felt, it being your wedding ring. Congratulations, all is well in the universe again-except your upcoming move :(

Anonymous said...

I'm on my laptop- so Auntie Laura can make a comeback with comments! :)

I still can't believe you found your ring after all this time. :)

What good men we have in our lives- going through poopy diapers for a ring!