Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrating in style!



June 18, 2009
Our five year wedding anniversary!

We celebrated by going to Eddie Martini's, a FABULOUS restaurant near Froedert Hospital in Milwaukee. We also went here for our 2 year anniversary, and have been drooling to come back ever since, but it really is only for special occasions! It is sooooo good!


We forgot to take pictures of our fabulous SEARED TENDERLOIN--sesame-crusted beef napoleon with sweet soyand napa slaw appetizer. It melted in our mouths and looked so fancy.
This was Jordan's BAKED BURGUNDY ONION SOUP. Similar to French Onion soup, but with chicken broth instead of beef and it also had tomato sauce in there. I am not a fan of French onion but LOVED this soup. The melted cheese was too much for me, but Jordan ate it all up!
Next, was FILET MIGNON topped with a homemade onion ring and choice of GARLIC MASHED POTATOES and house specialty CREAMED CORN. They really should rename the corn dish to something much more gourmet, like corn de la creme, because its name does not do the dish justice! It was the best corn I have ever had! The steak and potatoes were awesome! I was so full, I couldn't even eat Jordan's one onion ring and I love onion rings, too!
After dinner, the waiter surprised us with a free cake. He took our picture and printed out a copy for us in a sepia tone and put it in a fun paper frame from the restaurant. All just for celebrating our anniversary with them! Here is a picture he took with our camera so I could have a digital copy! :)

Here is the delicious cake! It was part white cake, part raspberry cheesecake. Not being a fan of cheesecake, I have to say it was soooo good! On the side were whipping cream and strawberries. Drizzled on the bottom was chocolate and vanilla cream. We loved the signature Eddie Martini martini glass in chocolate on the top! Did I mention it was mouth-watering good?!? I don't know how we found the room, but there were no leftovers!
We may conveniently plan coming to WI for future anniversaries after we move just to eat at this restaurant!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is our Mr. B's, but really, a camera in such a nice restaurant? Thats why we are friends!!! Congrats on 5 + 10 (?) years!

Sam B. said...

Oh my gosh, that made me so hungry! I shouldn't have looked at it before lunch... Congrats on the anniversary!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! Nate and I went there with our families when we introduced them. That place is sooo good!

The Schaefers said...

We were all by ourselves so no one saw us taking pictures! Jordan looked out for the waiters and I snapped away ;)