Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Visting the Schaefers in Madison

This past Saturday we went to Madison to visit Jordan's brother and his family. We haven't seen them since Christmas despite several attempts to get together! Josh just had his tonsils and adenoids removed, so he was a little bit down with pain still, but we still wanted to go see everyone! We had a great time and plan to go again in April! Will and Emma had a lot of fun together. They are five weeks apart in age. Emma is soooo adorable...words can't describe what a little sweetheart she is! Here are Will and Emma playing kitchen. Notice Will tuning me out and Emma saying cheese for the camera!

I told you she was cute! Jamie does her hair in little pigtails and I love her little curls in the back. Everything about my little niece is adorable and little! She is so wonderfully snuggly. Will needs to hang around with her more so she rubs off on him!
Will playing kitchen.
Emma skipped her nap since we came when it started. She couldn't make it any longer, so she fell asleep while we played games. It was so cute! Here she is with her mommy, my "big sister" Jamie!

We are playing Taboo. Jordan and I got whooped. We need to work on our communication better, obviously ;)
We also played Settlers of Catan. It is our favorite game. If any of you know how to play it, let us know and we will have you over! I can't remember if Jamie or Steve won, but it was close between them! Jordan and I need more practice! :(


Will and Daddy kinda matched. It was cute. Also cute, when we first got there, Will was actually shy. He normally doesn't care where I take him and he acts like he owns the place. I have seen him getting a little bit more and more shy when we go to other people's houses, but this day, he actually kind of pouted when he got there. Bottom lip sticking out and all. His cousin Jake was very helpful and got him a few trucks to play with. Will is lucky to have such wonderful cousins.

Emma and Will clearly love playing together. After we were there for a little while, the four of us adults and cousins Jake and Josh were on the main floor. Will and Emma were upstairs. We heard Will and Emma laughing pretty hard. Jordan and I ran up there to see what they were doing. It was like they were being tickled or something. We saw them in the boys' room standing on chairs and throwing puzzle pieces onto the floor. They were having such a good time together. Luckily Emma kind of followed Will around so they were always playing together. Will normally doesn't have playmates so he doesn't really know to stay together. They played so nicely sharing toys and stuff.
Here they are saying good bye. We told Emma to give Will a kiss, and she kept trying. Will was tired and wanted to go home, so he kept pushing her away or walking away from her. This was as close as they got. It was so precious to think it almost happened!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I do have to agree, Emma is adorable! But I am a little biased. Also, I won Settlers, how could you forget! It was such a good win too. It doesn't matter that my husband ALMOST won, it only matters that I won! And, Steve and I were pretty pathetic at Taboo too. It must be those Schaefer boys... because you and I are obviously excellent communicators! Lvoe you and can't wait until we can hang out again!

Anonymous said...

haha... is Settlers the game that I hated but then liked a lot? :) Also- I think we need to enroll Will in a snuggling class. I can't handle not having a snuggly nephew anymore!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Any game that requires me to communicate effectively is a lost cause from the get-to.

Anonymous said...

how cute! I think Emma looks just like Jamie! Sounds like oyu guys had lots of fun! We need to do a game night soon.....