Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update on Will

Will is 19 months old and will be going in for his 18 month check-up on Friday. I know he is a month over due, but he was sick pretty much this whole month! We will update his height/weight shortly after for those interested. We think he is growing like a weed! He still LOVES his chuppie (pacifier). We ALMOST broke him of it when he was sick, but as soon as he was feeling a little better, he clinged to it. They are definitely his comfort item.

Will still loves to "help" us vacuum. And by helping, I mean get in the way! No matter what he is doing, if he hears the vacuum turn on, he comes running. Nothing trumps it, not even Super Why! By the way, I absolutely LOVE my Dyson. I don't know how I lived in such filth before it!
He also really likes his rocking horse! I swear one of these days he is going to be bucked off of it head first! He rocks so high and fast that I have to constantly remind him to go slow.

Will's newest favorite thing to do is to be pulled around the house on a blanket. It is adorable to watch! Grandma Schaefer started this new activity and we have her to thank everytime he sees a blanket, he shrieks and jumps on top laughing. If you don't IMMEDIATELY run to him to pull him around the house he flips out. The boy wants to play and he wants to play NOW! He can play this forever.

Another picture of him being pulled around. Look at his smirk!

Will is getting a little bit more snuggly (finally). This mostly happens around bedtime. He'll crawl up on our laps and let us hold him for a little while before squirming away. Last night, I actually was able to hold him without him moving at all for 22 minutes and 19 seconds while we watched a movie on the computer! I was in heaven! In this picture, Will is NOT snuggly...notice him pushing Jordan away?!?

Will has been eating a little better now, too. At least he was before getting so sick. He still favors milk and yogurt above all other foods, but he also likes meat and fruit. Veggies are still thrown far from his high chair. He will eat small pieces of broccoli and spinach when I put them directly in his mouth. But he will not feed himself those things. I recently bought interesting foods for him to try based on what I have seen other kids eat, so I will update later on those things if he likes them!

Will also has discovered "nose." His favorite way to point to nose is by putting his finger as far in it as possible. The other day, he drew blood from my nose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! -- perfect for picking boogers :)
I'm excited to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

22 minutes 19 seconds. I love you you were taking time by the second. haha