Thursday, October 30, 2008

I made the news! Video link included!

UPDATED WITH VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM!
I went shopping with my littlest sister and Channel 12 news asked me about why I was undecided about the election. I am the last sentence!

http://www.wisn.com/politics/17851113/detail.html

MILWAUKEE -- The election is just days away, and five percent of Wisconsin voters are still undecided.
The reasons voters are undecided vary, but the most common thread is that they’re not satisfied with either candidate.
Despite all the candidates’ rallies, speeches and debates, voters are still waiting for more information, according to Jon Carrico, who is with working America.
"Other people don't particularly like either candidate and are trying to decide which one they might like the least,” said Carrico.
One voter said she’s still stuck in the middle.
“There's so many issues out there. They both have good points and they both have bad points,” Schultz said.
But some voters said that they have a clear favorite, however, recent events are changing their opinions.
"Every other week they kind of go back and forth. A lot of voters like Palin now. She's been talking more about different ideas so it's kind of swaying stuff again,” said Ryan Ronk.
Other voters are tuning out campaign ads and news articles and intend to rely on their instincts.
"I guess when I get there, I'm just going to go with whatever my heart tells me,” said LeAnn Schaefer.


VIDEO:
http://www.wisn.com/video/17852957/
Be fore-warned: it is not the most flattering video :(
I did talk to them for about 8 minutes about what I like/dislike about both and how I am really split. I am conservative views in terms of abortion/marriage issues, but democratic views with healthcare, education, etc. She asked how will I decide when I go vote, and that is what I am quoted on. I sound quite dumb :(.

No comments: