Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Life as a stay-at-home Mom...

Now that Will is 12 weeks old, I can honestly say that choosing to be a full-time Mom is one of the best decisions I ever made, and I made a lot of really good decisions! While the first three weeks or so was a little difficult for me to get used to, the rest of this time is just flying by. Once my body recuperated from what felt like getting ran over by a semi truck and then backed over again, and I got used to taking three 2-hour naps, I was happy being a mom!

I love being able to be with Will all day long. I thought I would be a little bored being at home since I am used to teaching full time and having two part time jobs on top of that. I am not bored with all of the laundry and housework I get to do. I love cleaning when Will is naping; well, I should say, I love having a clean house and there is always soooo much to clean in my home.
When Will is awake, we fill our time reading books, listening to his crib mobile/moving all around to the music, taking Chloe for walks, visiting the Grandmas, running errands, and learning new things (currently like rolling over or holding rattles). Okay, so much of the time he is awake, I also nurse and change diapers, but hey, that is the nature of my job.
I love being there for all the little moments in Will's life: his first smile, giggle, babble, roll over, etc. I love that he really knows that I am his mommy and that he follows me around the room with his eyes. As much as it kills my husband, I love that he would rather look and smile at me than Jordan when we are both with him (I know I will only be his favorite until he can really play with Daddy! Jordan is everyone's favorite!). I love how he snuggles into me when he is really tired and how hearing my voice calms him down when he is fussy. I would not want to miss these things for the world (or a career).
Being at home is the most rewarding job. While I sometimes wish that I could have a day off, or at least a night off, I know that Jordan, Will and I are establishing a strong foundation on which to build our eternal family.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree Leann, it is totally worth it to stay home! I will never regret leaving my job, but I would definitely regret missing out on being with my children everyday! It's great to be a mommy!

Steve Schaefer said...

"Jordan, Will and I are establishing a strong foundation on which to build our eternal family."

Well said Lee Lee Marie, well said.

Pammy said...

Just imagine how this will make Will feel when he is old enough to read it! Every child needs to know he is loved and wanted. Knowing he has that stability and security makes all the difference in establishing a well-adjusted and confident child. You go Lee Lee!!