Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Special Blessing

Today was Will's Blessing. In our church, we wait until children are eight years old or older to be baptized when they are at the age of accountibility and can choose for themselves to be baptized. Instead of baptizing infants, we give a blessing. Jordan had the opportunity to give a Father's Blessing at church in the company of his brother and two grandfathers. Will's name is now on the records of our church, and with the priesthood, Jordan blessed Will with many things to come in his life, including a desire to know our Heavenly Father's love for him and to follow the spirit to decern right from wrong. It was really special for me to hear my husband give our son such a love-filled blessing. We were also so grateful that for those on both sides of our families who attended church. Jordan and I were able to bear our testimonies to our families and the congregation about our beliefs of our Savior, which was awesome for me since I am not given that opportunity very often! Everyone came over for lunch afterwards...we had tacos and things associated with tacos. Check out our family photo link for more pictures from our house!



A rare photo of just me and Will. Yep...he definitely looks like Daddy!

Our precious son in his blessing outfit (Thanks Jamie!). He is laying on the blanket that my grandma made for my mother when my siblings and I were baptized. My mother gave it to me for our children to use for their blessings.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steve Schaefer said...

We love you Will and are so glad we could be part of your special day.

Love,
The Madtown Schaefers

Sam B. said...

Will is lookin' good - I blessed our Will this past week too, in the outfit that I wore. It was awesome! Your Will looks much bigger than ours, we weighed him in a grocery scale like you use for grapes and he was 12 lbs 4oz - they grow so fast!