Monday, November 16, 2009

Our Birthdays!


November 2 was my birthday and November 3 was Jordan's. I turned 29 this year, and Jordan hit the big 3-0. It was a little bit depressing for him, but he was in good spirits. I, on the other hand, know it is right around the corner. The number 30 doesn't bother me, but knowing there are a few things on my "list of things to do before I am 30" that haven't been accomplished is a little bit sad. And I HIGHLY doubt they'll get done in the next year. Some missed milestones goals include: having all my children (which is possible I have accomplished that, but we are still holding out hope for one more), getting my master's degree (not remotely interested at this time), traveling to Europe (we are lucky to go to the Dells!), doubling my amount of patience (I think Heavenly Father keeps trying to get me to learn this principle, but it is not really sinking in), and being down to my wedding-day weight (working on it...doubtful it'll happen within a year, though!).
Happy Birthday to us! Here's to new goals: By the time I am 40...

Our happy family

Jordan's new football cleats. Not only are they very cushy, but they saved his ankle from being broken this week. The higher top on the new shoes gave him better support when he landed between someone's legs as he came down from catching a pass. He suffered a sever sprain playing football with some buddies. As a result, he is on crutches for three weeks or until he feels less tender and swollen. He is hoping for a VERY quick recovery as the Turkey Bowl is in a week and two days! My poor baby!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mike and Jenny said...

Happy Birthdays!!!

auntie laura said...

Cute face Jord!!

I require delicious popcorn when I come home for break! Movie night, snuggling with blankies and Will, and family time included too!

Sam B. said...

Happy Birthdays guys! I'm just a couple years behind Jordan, the 3-0 is coming too fast... I'm jealous you have football buddies to play with, bummer about crutches :( You can limp through the rest of the season like the slightly-better-than-mediocre Packers. (Sorry, couldn't help it :)