Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! For the second year in a row, our #1 blessing for whom we are grateful is Will! He is truely the center of our lives.
Our day was filled: Turkey Bowl in the morning, my mom's house for lunch and Jordan's Grandpa's house for dinner. We got home around 9 pm, and put Will right to bed. He fell asleep on the way home! This year, I actually had to learn how to prepare a turkey. Under normal circumstances, I would not have to learn this for decades to come. Snce we are moving across the country, there will not be family to make this traditional feast for us :(
I had a hard time. While I am definitely not a vegetarian, I do not like to eat meat that resembles the actual animal it is made from. Obviously, turkey is as close to the real thing as it gets. My mom taught me how to clean out (read: disgusting!!) a whole turkey as well as just a turkey breast. The breast is what I will only be able to stomach in the future. We had the traditional foods: turkey, stuffing, pots, mulitple veggies, pies, and a whole ton of extras. My mom goes all out. It was all very delicious.
After, my sisters and Laura's new man, Danny, played dominos with my mom. It was very fun. I think dominos is one of my all time favorite games!
We also had a great time at the Monk's house. We did not eat much dinner since we were more stuffed than our turkey, but enjoyed visiting everyone. Will loves to see other kids, especially his cousin Emma. It was a nice relaxing night.
We love to reflect on all of our blessings on Thanksgiving. We truely have so much to be thankful for. We hope you all enjoyed the holiday with your families, too!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: