Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ho Ho Ho!


We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas this year! We had a wonderful time with Will. He was such a little trooper. Check out all of our photos in our link to our family photo album! Christmas Eve day, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Schaefer's house to see Jordan's side of the family. We had a lot of fun, and even saw Santa! There were a bunch of wild turkeys in the backyard that we were watching, and then all of a sudden, we saw Santa walking around in the backyard, too! My two nephews, Jake and Josh, were really excited about it! Too bad Jordan missed it!! ;)

We opened presents and Will received his ExerSaucer...more on that later. Will attempted to take a nap, but it didn't last more than 20 minutes with the excitement of opening presents. We had a fun time at the Schaefer's house. Later that night, we went to my Uncle's house to see my Mom's side of our family. We had a nice time playing games with my sisters and boyfriend Adam and one of my cousins. It was the first time that a lot of my family got to meet Will. They all commented on his chubby cheeks. Will was so tired from hardly napping that he went into meltdown after two hours of being there. I never heard him scream like that, even after getting shots. He held his breath for a while and was sweating, too. We quickly tried to leave, but were parked in. After 20 minutes of trying to escape, we finally were on our way home. We made it home okay, and Will slept in the car. He went quickly to bed that night. He slept in our bed with us so we could all wake up together on Christmas morning.
Jordan was so excited to open presents together on Christmas morning. He wanted to open them right away, but we bathed Will and then Will went down for a nap shortly after breakfast. I was so happy that we could shower before opening presents. I really like to get ready for the day right away in the morning, and then do whatever. Jordan loves to sit around in his jammies all day. He is also used to opening presents early in the morning growing up, but I am used to my parents making us clean the whole house and go to church before presents, so waiting is not a big deal to me. Luckily, I won out since Will fell asleep before we could open presents. While he slept, Jordan put together his new toy, and I made food for my Mom's house. When Will did wake up, we opened presents, and Will did so well. He makes the cutest face when he concentrates...almost like a little bird. His eyes look slightly crossed and he puckers his lips. He did this the whole time trying to unwrap the presents or when playing with his new toys.

In the afternoon, we went to my Mom and Dad's house. We had an awesome dinner, and then opened presents. Again, Will didn't make it too long before having to nap again. The highlights were that he got a wagon from my parents, an inflatable Santa with weighted bottom to knock around from Great Grandpa, a homemade fleece blanket from Auntie Laura, stuffed animals and books from Auntie Katie, Uncle Kevin, Auntie Mary, and cousin Lucy. He also received a bunch of new clothes. We had a lot of fun with Will.


The most annoying part of the night was when we had to find the pickle ornament on the tree. It is so dang tough for me to find it since it blends in so well, and the tree looks like it is on fire since my brother wrapped 1800 lights on the tree. Having light sensitive eyes, the tree is like my worst nightmare. My sisters, Jordan and I were on the search for a long time, and Jordan finally found it. Of course, he doesn't tell anyone that he did, he just slowly walks away and says he gives up. Laura noticed that he found it, and she also slowly left and said she gives up, too. That left me and Katie looking and fighting over good position for a while before we realized that we had been duped. What a guy. I can't believe my own husband allowed me to continue to look. We are supposed to be a team, but he clearly wanted to sleep on the couch that night.
Overall, we had a wonderful time with our families, and especially within our own little family unit. We are so blessed with such a sweet little boy above all of our many blessings, and are so thankful for his sweet spirit. We hope that you enjoyed your Christmas celebrations and remembered to incorporate our Savior, too!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

It really is too bad Jordan missed out on the Santa sighting (wink).

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Christmas was so fun this year! :) I laughed out loud when I was reading through the pickle and tree excerpt - you were too funny. I leave for school tomorrow so I'll have to stop by sometime before then and see you guys! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. We really missed you all, and wished we were there too.